Friday, October 3, 2008

I, Gamer

Just for fun...

Ask yourself... Who am I?

What comes to mind?

Male, Female, black, white, asian, hispanic, religious, atheist, big, tall, fat, short, outgoing, fun, shy, talkative...etc. etc. etc.

What about a realist, dreamer, athletic, or lazy?


Now, be honest... is 'Gamer' a word that comes to mind? When asked 'what do you like to do?' I reply, 'I am a Gamer'. If 'Gamer' is ranked more as a personality trait than a hobby... well, 'Hell yeah!'. I will readily admit that Mario, Bowser, Link, and Cloud have been a part of my youth. I would not be who I am today without them... and for many gamers (of every genre) this holds true.

Now, I am a part of this Generation Y - whether or not I want to be the next upcoming generation -_- .... but, I know I have fallen between the cracks of the communcation generations that adore YouTube... honestly, I'd rather be playing COD4, WOW, War Hammer, Xenosaga, FF..., and any other number of video games....

My generation grew up falling in love with the characters, music, and challenges these games brought to us... alcohol was not the opiate during high school... it was fighting Umbrella and the Empire...

With that said, I hope there are others like me out there... who gladly identify themselves as Gamers... not because it's a hobby... but because it developed (and still develops) who they are...

And for the other Gamers out there... I salute you ^_^

No comments: